OUR NEWEST LOCATION AT THE CORNER OF RATTLESNAKE HAMMOCK RD. & COLLIER BLVD IS OPEN. $10 FOR FIRST MO. OF PLATINUM PLUS UNLIMITED WASH CLUB AND A 20 OZ STAINLESS TUMBLER. GOOD ONLY AT THIS LOCATION. SEE ATTENDANT TO REDEEM.
10 Steps to Better Gas Mileage and a Cleaner Environment
Most people like to save money where they can and since we all utilize our vehicles so much, Clean Machine Car Wash wants to provide some helpful tips on how to conserve gas and save money at the pump.
The way you drive, and the way you care for your car can make a huge difference in the number of miles you squeeze out of every gallon. Here are 10 simple steps you can take now to boost your gas mileage later.
1. Lighten the load. Driving around with extra pounds in your trunk will lower your mileage and cost you money, so take a few minutes to clean it out.
2. Change your spark plugs. Spark plugs cost just a few dollars apiece, but changing them now could boost your mileage and lower the cost of operating your car.
3. Top off your tires. Low tire pressure can reduce your gas mileage, so top off the air at every few fill-ups. Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended pressure and check that pressure often to maintain your mileage.
4. Get an annual tune-up. A yearly tune-up is one of the best things you can do for your car, so ask your mechanic to do the work the next time you stop in if it’s been awhile.
5. Use the right oil. Using the wrong weight oil will decrease the efficiency of your engine and cause you to use more fuel, so check your owner's manual and follow the manufacturer's recommendations.
6. Replace your old air filter. A clogged air filter can lower your mileage dramatically and increase automotive emissions. If you cannot remember the last time you changed your air filter, you are probably overdue.
7. Have the cooling system checked. If your cooling system is not optimized, your vehicle could run too cool or too hot, reducing the efficiency of the engine and driving up your fuel usage.
8. Charge your air conditioner. You do not have to sacrifice your summertime comfort to save fuel, but it is essential to keep your AC tuned up and running correctly.
9. Check your gas cap. A cracked or ill-fitting gas cap will allow fuel to leak into the environment, and money to leak out of your pocket. If your gas cap is damaged, replace it as soon as you can.
10. Replace the fuel filter. A clogged or dirty fuel filter will reduce the efficiency of the vehicle and cost you money, so ask your mechanic to check the filter and replace it if necessary.
Every gallon of fuel you pour into your tank is money out of your wallet. Clean Machine Car Wash wants you to avoid wasting money and make the most of the car you drive. The 10 tips listed above can help you reduce your fuel consumption, helping the environment and your bottom line in the process.